Friday, June 1, 2012

A Funny Thing

A funny thing happened on the way to review Grand Rapids Civic Theatre's "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."
 I had the wrong date.
So did my editor.We were both using the original schedule and expected the show to open next week, June 8. Then Tuesday I happened to see something someone posted on Facebook about June 1. I went to Civic Theatre's web site and sure enough. The opening had been moved a week earlier! We made the necessary adjustments. I went to Thursday's dress rehearsal with my church group and I'll be there to review tonight. Glad I did a no-notes preview on Thursday. I was laughing too hard to really pay attention! Maybe tonight I can catch everything I missed. At least I won't be running down the aisle wailing "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!"

No comments:

Post a Comment