Friday, February 3, 2012

Crazy time

It's been a good week. I added four more chapters to my next book, One Shoe Off. My chapters are short and I just finished Chapter 31 so I'm about a third of the way through the book. Until this week I've been rewriting and reworking the first 27 chapters that I wrote earlier so this is the first week since we came down to the Keys that I've really been creating. Writing fiction is so invigorating, but sometimes I think it's the closest thing to insanity. This week I've spent a lot of time in the minds of my characters. Trying to hear what they would say, understand what they would do. But after a while they become so real it is frightening. This morning, for instance, I'd been working on a scene, writing in my nightgown. I came to the end of the scene and decided to take a break and get dressed. The thought actually crossed my mind to close the door so my male character wouldn't see me undressed. Isn't that crazy? I suspect it's a lot like it must be for an actor digging deep inside themselves to feel what their character is feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment