Saturday, November 19, 2011

Civic does it again!

If you think you're too old for "The Wizard of Oz," think again. Civic Theatre's production is so vibrant and lively, the littlest kids don't get bored and the most jaded adults get enthused. This is the third time I've covered "The Wizard of Oz" at Civic. I didn't think anyone could do better than the show I covered there 10 years ago, but last night I found myself thinking... I don't remember that from before! Did they always have that many poppies? Did they always go from drab brown costumes to bright colorful costumes, much like the movie goes from black and white to color? Did they skywrite words on the ceiling before? And put lyrics on the television monitors so you can sing along. I don't know, but they're doing it now. And selling out. So if you want to go, better get your tickets.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You're a lot busier than I am-- probably busier than when you were working in the "Real World"-- and I'm forced to go to work every day. Sounds like a great "retirement" job.

    ReplyDelete