Saturday, June 11, 2011

You can't stop the FEET!

One of the crazy things about laughing for living is that sometimes I have to laugh two nights in a row for one story. This week I reviewed "Hairspray" which opened Friday night at Civic Theatre. The Press has a tight deadline on Friday nights, so rather than try to write my whole review in an hour, I went to dress rehearsal Thursday night, pre-wrote a general review and then finalized it after seeing Friday's opening show. I'll tell you, I was totally blown away on Thursday night and at first I was disappointed that I didn't get the same reaction to the first song on Friday night, but I quickly decided it was because I knew exactly what to expect the second night and I was holding on to my seat! Can you laugh at the same jokes two nights in a row? Most definitely. And catch lines you missed the first time around. Both audiences loved it. Friday night's crowd was dancing in their seats and singing along at the end, and Thursday I caught a pair of senior citizens (one with a cane) dancing in the lobby on their way out. Check it out!
http://http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/06/review_grand_rapids_civic_thea_2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment