Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's a gas!

Maybe I'm all laughed out. I went to the dentist for a root canal this morning and they promptly put a gas mask on my nose. The room began to spin, and after a couple of shots to numb my tooth, I couldn't even answer the doctor's questions about whether or not my tooth was fully numb. I heard the question but I couldn't get my brain to answer. But when he started to drill, I found my voice. Double shots and laughing gas was not enough to dull the ache. The third shot actually made it more sensitive instead of less sensitive. So, he sent me home with a regimen of ibuprofen and antibiotics to make the tooth less irritable before we try the root canal again next week. I was really disappointed. My memory of a previous root canal 15 years ago was relatively painless and the laughing gas was great fun that time. But the real test comes tonight. I'll be covering "Rumors" at Circle Theatre and I'm predicting that Neil Simon can give me a better high than any drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment